About me

Monday 18 May 2015

How to wear the classic denim shirt

Hi guys 
As we all know English weather is about as predictable Jennifer Lopez's relationships, it's different every time we check. So dressing for an occasion becomes very difficult for us ladies. Have no fear I have the perfect item that will solve all these issues, the denim shirt.
This is mine and was just £32 (well £28 with my cheeky student discount) from high street brand topshop. Ever since I've bought it I've realised how flexible this piece is and has quickly it has become something I can wear nearly everyday.  These following looks are aimed at daytime/casual events
I have styled the shirt with black river island jeans, cute white polka dot sneakers (a bargain at just £3 from primark!) and a simple swan necklace from H&M 
These show how its can be casually paired with a patterned skirt, the first being a floral patterned top shop, buttoned skirt. The second being a patterned river island skirt, changing the dynamics by wearing the shirt open with a plain black top also from river island. 

The following looks show how this shirt can be dressed up for a nightime. I only know too well how time is an issue for us all, and we don't always have time to dress ourselves up. So this is a quick way of going from day to night in about 5 minutes! 

Paired with white jeans and a pop of metallic silver from both the matching bag and shoes( like I said, I love to match) the shirt is transformed into a drinks/dinner outfit. All river island.
For those of you that don't like wearing jeans on a night out( I feel you, somehow, it just doesn't feel dressy enough!). I have paired the skirt with a pair of leggings and black, patent heels, all primark. Then to inject some sparkle to the outfit I have added a pink and gold necklace from new look. 
The denim shirt for me is a classic, staple piece that can be worn over and over. Hope you enjoyed,please comment and follow 













1 comment:

I am grateful for all your comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
Lauren king xxxxx