I'm not the best cook in the world but hey after making this cake I have to say I'm not a bad baker! I wanted to make something all my family (just me my mum and stepdad) would like. And even though there is only 3 of us it's a hard task, we all have very different tastes in desserts! But after much debate we al agreed on an Autumn Plum Crunch Cake,which is also very seasonal! We pretty much followed the recipe but just did things in a slightly different order and added a bit of peach cordial in, which I have to say really made the cake better, but that's up to you if you want to use it. I've included pictures along the way to to help you see what it should look like I hope this helps! If you don't like it please mention in the comments, I love having feedback!
2 eggs, plus one egg yolk
140g golden caster sugar
140g self raising flour
Grated zest and juice of 1 Orange
200g plums, stoned. Half roughly chopped into pieces and half cut into wedges
1 tbsp lemon juice
1tbsp peach cordial, mixed (optional)
200g golden caster sugar
25g sugar cubes, roughly crushed
1. Butter and line your loaf tin, then preheat the oven at 180 degrees/ Gas mark 3
2. Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk with a pinch of salt
3. Beat the sugar and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Then pour in the egg mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Fold in the flour with the grated orange zest and the orange juice, stir through. Then add the roughly chopped plums
6. Bake for 50 mins or until the skewer comes out clean
8. Whilst it's cooling, mix the sugar with the lemon juice and if you have chosen to use it, the peach cordial. Once cooled spoon this mixture onto the cake and sprinkle the sugar cubes over
9. Let the topping set, then try just to have one slice! I ended up having 3!! And with the left over mix I made a few cupcakes!
I loved making this! I hope you enjoyed this new kind of post!
If you make this please share your photos with me I would love to see how yours look!!