About me

Sunday 23 September 2018

Dive In

Hey guys, long time no speak. Life has been crazy recently and blogging has really taken a back seat. However recently I’ve really had the urge to get back into it, and as I seem to always be eating out at the moment I thought I would start with a food review. I love going out and trying new places to eat, it’s one of my main hobbies haha. Manchester is full of all kinds of different places to try, so this weekend I decided to try out Dive bar in the norther quarter area of Manchester. I went to the opening of this bar a fair few years ago now and it’s always been a special place to me as that was one of the biggest blog events I ever went to.



Food
The food menu is very much like American diner food, fried chicken, burgers and wings all that good stuff. All the dishes were named after famous songs, I decided to go for go for the burrito piggy smalls. It was filled with pulled pork, bbq sauce, fried onions, sour cream and rice. It was honestly so tasty, the combination really worked together. It was packed full, super filling and also came with a side of chips, for just £12 you really get your money’s worth, it was delicious. My boyfriend has the finger lickin fried chicken burger. I mean look at the size of it! He loved it so much. The chicken and slaw together was super tasty, his also came with chips, he managed to have a few but the burger really filled him. Both meals were super tasty and great value for money




Drinks
We both thought we would try a cocktail each. I went for the apple strudel as I love anything that tastes like apples and my boyfriend had the brew tai, he’s pretty easily pleased when it comes to alcohol, I’m a little but fussier. We both loved them, mine really tasted like an apple strudel. They were both very strong but hey that’s what you want! We also had a cider each, again drinks are great value for money at £7-£8 each for a cocktail and they have lots of offers during the week if you fancy a cheeky mid week drink.

Service
Our waitress was really attentive and upbeat. Went out of her way to make sure we had exactly what we needed. All servers were really friendly and happy to get us whatever we needed. Any dietary requirements would have been amended. The atmosphere was really good, lively but not too loud, we could still here each other talk.


Overall we had a great evening at dive. Everything was super tasty and great value for money, would highly recommend to anyone who fancys a great meal and some nice cocktails. Will definitely be back again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful for all your comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
Lauren king xxxxx